Finance | Houston, TX | Full Time and Contract
Financial Analyst 8412241
The Tax Accountant is primarily responsible for the accounting process related to statutory regulations in the country of operations. Reports to the Accounting Supervisor/Mgr. or Finance Center Manager.
- Reviews balance sheet account, reconciles and prepares associated balance sheet notes.
- Analyzes Profit & Loss variance and reviews detailed revenue and cost transactions.
- Responsible for subsystem control of statutory and fiscal values including fixed asset fiscal values.
- Controls and prepares legal entity general ledger entries including prepayments, accruals, allocations and so on.
- Reconciles and controls differences between fiscal and management accounting practices.
- Reviews customs, VAT and excise tax compliance.
- Prepares statutory and fiscal accounts.
- Coordinates with Tax the preparation of Income Tax returns.
- Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbane Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
Education Requirements: Finance or Accounting Degree and 3 -5 years in a financial role
- Fluent Spanish required.
- Problem Solving: project estimation & complexity, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, and good decision-making skills.
- Leadership: functions independently and in a team, project mgt. skills, mentoring skills and can set/accomplish objectives.
- Communication: oral/written communication skills, customer services oriented and interacts frequently with peer groups, subordinates, and senior mgt. advising on the area of responsibility.
- Cross Discipline: Understanding of interaction with other disciplines, Company strategy and the principles of Quality Management.
$27 Per Hour Houston TX 77077 6 Month Assignment