Finance | Houston, TX | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Financial Analyst 8942440
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the quality, accuracy, and compliance of all the financial deliverables under his/her responsibility.
- Ensure that the books under his/her responsibilities (P&L /BS) are in compliance with US GAAP rules and the Finance Knowledge documents (SFM, FPS, Guidelines).
- Understands the end to end process under his/her responsibility and report gaps through SQs.
- Analyze and control Capex, Inventory, Projects, DSO relating to the area of responsibility.
- Perform monthly reviews of Profit & Loss and Balance
- Sheet accounts relating to the area of responsibility, including business indicators such as profitability and liquidity. Present monthly analysis on costs and revenue.
- Assist with financial planning, forecasting, and monitoring of results versus objectives.
- Ensure across-the-board implementation of standard finance practices.
- Identify weaknesses in internal control and suggest improvements.
- Assess and highlight opportunities for increased cost efficiencies.
- Develop and evaluate business or project financial metrics and drivers.
- Design and implement project controls.
- Evaluate currency exposure in collaboration with the Treasury Analyst.
- Participate in Internal Audit assignments.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required.
- Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Finance or Accounting Degree or equivalent professional certification, MBA.
- 3 -5 years in a financial role.
- Spanish speakers preferred
- Problem Solving: Strong project estimation & complexity, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, and good decision-making skills.
- Leadership: functions independently and in a team, project mgt. skills, mentoring skills and can set/accomplish objectives.
- Communication: Strong oral/written communication skills, customer services oriented, and interacts frequently with peer groups, service providers, subordinates and senior mgt. advising on the area of responsibility.
- Cross Discipline: Understanding of interaction with other disciplines, Company strategy and the principles of Quality Management.
$25 per Hour Houston TX 77042 6 Month Assignment