Field Sales Representative
Sales Operations | Midland, TX | Full Time
Field Sales Representative 8769957
The Drilling Tools Field Sales Representative promotes the sale of company products and services to specific accounts that operate in the assigned sales territory. He/She demonstrates success in building a trustworthy relationship with the client(s) and consistently meets the sales goals.Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify and close sales opportunities; prioritize actions and plan ahead for sales prospects
- Assist management in setting sales goals and plans for assigned accounts
- Perform territory planning activities; make regular client visits to ensure appropriate call coverage of assigned accounts, using technical domains where appropriate
- Establish relationships with customer contacts; visit field sites to follow up on jobs that were sold, and consult with the customer and other stakeholders
- Act as customer interface with operations
- Participate in the development of the marketing strategy for the segment
- Listen for opportunities for other segments/product lines, market and competitive intelligence and communicate to management
- Keep abreast of client plans and problems; assist in the resolution of customer complaints
- Conduct audits on contracts to ensure compliance and minimize errors
- Follow the invoice process to minimize payment delays and resolve disputes
- Manage bids and proposals for assigned accounts per HQ or Area pricing and guidelines to optimize account returns
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management Tool for accounts, including customer profiling, organization chart, visit reports and customer responsibilities
- Forecast account activity and revenue to optimize operational planning and service delivery
- Attend training courses to develop knowledge of the company’s key technologies, as well as competitor practices
- Mentor or coach less experienced Sales Representatives
- Implement and comply with all Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Comply with all government, industry and company regulations and standards to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, as well as, reduce environmental impact
- Minimum High School/ GED required.
- BS in Marketing and Sales, Business or similar degrees preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of drilling-related experience primarily in the West Texas region required.
- Sales experience is a big plus.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's license
- Good interpersonal and sales skills with customers and inside personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Willingness to travel
- Has initiative and ability to work effectively with little direction and/or few guidelines
- Excellent analytical, administrative, communications and organizational skill