Field Logistics Operator
Logistics | Sugar Land, TX | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Field Logistics Operator 9352256
DOE Sugarland campus Logistics Technician coordinates all movements of people, materials, and equipment to and from Wellsite when transported by 3rd party trucking providers or company driving pools, determining the optimal route and minimizing costs while maintaining maximum service level. Owns all materials delivered to the site and ensures that Field materials needs are always met.
- Works with Logistics Supervisor and PCT to determine optimal pick-up points for materials, then executes all movements including demobilizations and chemical shipments based on carrier routing guides
- Monitors job progression and work with the field to predict material needs based on consumption patterns in Daily Field Report
- Ensures all executed movements are tracked to completion (including materials deliveries and distribution equipment used), updating required parties
- Ensures field and requestor of movement are clearly aware of ETA of all movements and work closely with carrier dispatches to ensure timely delivery of product/services
- Executes the Well Execution Plan (WEP) for each assigned job, containing delivery plan (timing, frequency) for all materials to well-site; provides post job well report to Supervisor, Service Coordinator and Accounts Receivable after completion of job, containing all completed material and distribution equipment moves to site
- Perform all prop and material related GRs delivered to each assigned job
- Creates BOL’s for movements by entering all requirements per company standard for all movements executed with company drivers and 3rd party trucking providers.
- Captures failures from crews for any on-site Distribution Equipment (sand chiefs, floats, tubes, etc.) issues, and works with Assets team to determine appropriate shop to send to and allocate replacement equipment.
- Receives requests for material load from Field or Service Coordinators, determining lowest cost material pick-up point and validating with Logistics Supervisor to approve and/or source materials needs and location
- Initiates escalation process for all logistics issues to Logistics Supervisor and/or Manager and follows up until closure
- Completes GRs and storage location (including field to field) transfers within SAP for any 3rd party facility/supplier based on material requirements/movements as reported by the Logistics Technician (daily report and/or well site execution report)
- Obtains fuel requirements for all jobs and coordinate fuel ordering and delivery from suppliers as well as other services such as catering, containment, etc.
- Receives and execute instructions from Maintenance Coordinator for down equipment moves or equipment moves between repair facilities (Maintenance Centers or 3rd party)
- Sets up crew vans and other equipment/parts move as directed by Field or Asset Coordinators
- Works closely with District Dispatch to ensure drivers obtain required documentation and clear guidance on trip requirements
- Action hotshot and movement request, secure carriers, initiate TMS movement/BOL and secures required permits for company movements
- Validate and approve all TMS movements for financial reconciliation including following up in SAP is ensure transactions have taken place
- Create Demob plans and determine required resources for requested move requirements• Collaborates with carrier/company driver pool on demob plan and driver utilization
- Stays current with all Safety training
- All other duties assigned by Supervisor Adaptability
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Organizational effectiveness
- Proven leadership ability
- Proven teamwork skills
- Demonstrated initiative.
- Computer knowledge: Intermediate MS Excel, iDistrict, Exel/CAS BOLs, SAP, and SWPS.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with field crews and vendors
- Associates’ degree and higher
- or High School Diploma or equivalent with 2 years of requisite experience.
$18.50 per hour Sugar Land, TX 77478 5 Month Assignment