Creative | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Executive Producer 760328
The Executive Producer will work with the Original Content team to develop a portfolio of projects, help articulate and oversee production standards and best practices, mentor producer and host talent, set and help meet success targets, and be “hands-on” with the projects they develop and manage. We’re looking for the right combination of distinctive editorial judgment, high emotional intelligence, excellent organizational and time management skills, and experience running a multi-faceted enterprise. The Executive Producer will have a love for great audio and storytelling, want to push boundaries and discover new things, as well as possess a deep understanding of why great audio programs work and how to foster greatness in their projects.
- Working with the Director of Studios Originals, the Executive Producer is the product owner for a portfolio of audio programs, with a keen eye to assuring all projects have suitable production calendars and regular progress check-ins.
- Participates in editorial planning of programs, including theme selection, defining program elements, and selection/booking of contributors and guests.
- Partners the Original Content team of editors to develop the optimum audio product from the pitch to the budgeting to the production phase of the project.
- Works with Business Affairs representatives to advise on the optimum audio products at the deal-drafting stage.
- Reviews content, quality, and production of program segments to ensure consistency with standards and practices of the Studios.
- Collaborates with Finance for Original Projects on budget development and oversight from pitch to production phase, making changes as necessary to meet financial goals.
- Guides editors, producers, and engineers in the best sound design concepts for projects and encourages innovation in production techniques, as well as soundscape invention and execution where appropriate.
- Cultivate relationships with prospective talent and partners and guides them in project development.
- Leverage data/analytics/user testing to inform decisions.
- Coordinates aspects of post-production program procedures with Studios.
- Have a seat at the table to guide investments in new projects, stories, ideas, and voices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years’ experience in audio production with increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated digital editing ability.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of digital listening applications, mobile, and innovative new audio platforms.
- Familiarity with a wide range of subject areas such as news, history, literature, business, comedy, science, entertainment, and arts.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss production concepts with production and non-production employees.
- Understanding of journalism ethics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in new project and program launches.
Newark, NJ 07102 9 Month Assignment