Executive Briefing Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Executive Briefing Manager 628066
We are currently seeking a successful, enthusiastic Executive Briefing Center (EBC) Manager to join our Event Experiences team. Primary responsibilities will include managing the Executive Briefing Center and customer events. The ideal candidate should be professional, dependable, and have a great attitude. This role requires someone who is extremely detailed and organized, a clear communicator, and can manage multiple events at once.
- Assess, field, and prioritize all incoming requests and changes to existing bookings
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand the key objectives of the customer visit to ensure goals are met
- Build and leverage partnerships across the organization, including executives, Sales, lab/demo owners, and brand/technology experts. Act as point of contact throughout planning and execution.
- Lead the planning and customization of each agenda by creating a high-touch.
- The EBC Manager is responsible for a consistent standard of excellence:
- Calendaring multiple locations, labs, and attendees
- Selecting and scheduling appropriate presenters and selecting content for each demo per specific customer/partner needs
- Manage expectations and clearly communicate with all internal stakeholders to ensure success
- Plan and secure all the behind-the-scenes details including registering guests, managing parking, overseeing catering, coordinating gifts, etc.
- Manage multiple concurrent visits with overlapping schedules
- On the day of the visit, the EBC Manager:
- The primary goal during the visit is to lead the group to various locations, keeping the visit on-time
- Ensures guests feel welcome from the moment they arrive until the moment they leave
- Manages all day-of logistics: room set-up, catering, etc.
- Proactively anticipates and troubleshoots any unforeseen situations
- Assist in other assigned Events and or projects
- 5 to 7 years’ experience as an executive briefing manager or a corporate event manager (preferably in-house)
- An effective executor, who takes direction well and can implement multiple engagements and events with competing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter, problem-solver, work well independently as well as in teams
- Equally comfortable interacting with senior level executives and support staff (i.e., caterers, cleaning crews, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and proven organizational skills
- Communicate professionally and effectively: listen, give clear direction verbally and in writing
- A proactive approach to handling challenges that might arise and ability to quickly troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Commitment to internal stakeholder satisfaction
- Take ownership and pride in delivering consistent, quality work
- A fast-learner, who can quickly absorb and adapt to new tools and technologies
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Calendaring, etc
- BSc/BA in Marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
$40 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 12 Month Assignment