Events Manager *
Event Management | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Events Manager 708282 *
The Content Marketing and Merchandising team is currently looking to hire a dynamic high performing professional for the role of Brand Events and Sponsorship Manager. The Brand Events and Sponsorship Manager will be responsible for evaluating, developing and executing key Brand events that serve to increase brand and category awareness among prospects and listeners, raise our profile amongst content creators and technologists and help to launch Marquee and Premiere titles.
- Independently evaluate, recommend and drive integrated event strategy for each event in which the company participates
- Create and manage the annual calendar of Brand events and sponsorships
- Work with cross-functional teams and head of events to ensure positioning, messaging, goals, deliverables, and tactics are achieved before, during, and after each respective event
- Liaise with PR Communications to ensure consistency of messaging
- Manage event site logistics, including negotiating portions of site contracts with vendors and installation of key program elements
- Responsible for managing the details of contractual obligations such as payment schedules, room blocks guarantee/attrition and food, and beverage minimums
- Develop a measurement framework, as well as track and report on KPIs for each event; socialize insights and learnings across the company
- Manage third party meeting and event planners as needed
- Monitor marketplace and industry trends and incorporating knowledge in program planning
- Manage swag inventory
- Other tasks as assigned by the Senior Manager/Director and SVP, Content Marketing
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an events manager or in a similar function is required.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience with direct people management is required.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a recruitment function (corporate or agency) is preferred.
- Experience within a startup environment is preferred.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Comfortable presenting and speaking to executive management and large audiences.
- Excellent project management, leadership, and collaborative skills are required.
- Experience representation/hosting at events such as ComicCon, SXSW, WebSummit, CES, etc. is preferred
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and remain productive under pressure is required.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% both domestically with some international expected.
Newark, NJ 07102 5 Month Assignment