Event Marketing Manager 3646
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
Event Marketing Manager
The Industry & Customer Events team is seeking an experienced industry event marketer to focus on Tier One Events to identify opportunities for business critical content into programs, align the appropriate speakers, manage deadlines through to delivery. This role requires a proven track record for project management, strong executive presence skills and experience managing multiple priorities simultaneously. You will play a key role in the success of our speaking presence at Company Events.
- Collaborate with the lead and content teams to understand opportunities across all events and tracks.
- Work across lines of business to ensure positioning, goals, deliverables, and tactics are achieved both at the messaging level as well as the client level.
- Stay up-to-date with developments to the company integration, and look for opportunities for speaker placement accordingly.
- Seek out audience focused content that aligns with company objectives. Content may include product, results, industry trends or themes competitive landscape.
- Contribute to team agendas, internal communications (newsletters and emails) and all core team, speaker and briefing meetings.
- Manage all session deliverables: Abstract, drafts, presentation deck creation, submission of speaker bio & headshot, rehearsal and final deck.
- Contribute and manage speaker and session workback deliverables
- Evaluate and report on speaking session success as part of overall business goals
- Main onsite contact for all speakers at the events
- 5+ years of business-to-business content and marketing experience, preferably in the brand, marketing technology, or agency marketing.
- 5+ years working with cross-functional teams or stakeholders
- Event & tradeshow content experience
- Project management experience
- Ability to work across various levels of the organization while building trust and fostering collaboration
- Strong skills in meeting management and leading meeting presentations
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and take the lead on several events simultaneously
- Desire to consistently enhance event speaking presence, bringing new ideas to the table – both strategic and executional
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Suite, Google Docs, Excel, Keynote, and PowerPoint are key.
- Excellent eye for detail, fast on your feet and a problem solver!
- Ability to travel to the events
$55-$65 per hour San Francisco, CA 94105 8 month contract