Event Manager 599760
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
We are currently seeking a successful, enthusiastic Corporate Event Manager to join our Event Experiences team. Primary responsibilities will include supporting in the execution of internal corporate events, the Executive Briefing Center (EBC), and trade shows.
- Plan events from start to finish according to pre-set objectives and for specific target audiences. Events include tradeshows, customer events, corporate events, as well as supporting Executive Briefing Center visits at Corporate Headquarters.
- Manage all event details including overall program management, catering, timelines, budgets, floor plans, facilities set up/breakdown, collateral, registration, hotel room blocks, signage, etc.
- Communicate regularly with the Events staff to provide status updates
- Manage multiple concurrent events with overlapping schedules
- Anticipate and troubleshoot any event problems that should arise
- Manage outside vendors and agencies
- Analyze an event’s success and prepare post-event reports
- Min. 5 to 7 years experience as corporate event manager (preferably in-house)
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Calendaring, etc
- Must be a self-starter, problem-solver, work well independently as well as in teams
- Equally comfortable interacting with senior level executives and support staff (i.e. caterers, cleaning crews, etc.)
- Experience managing invitation/registration/scheduling tools (i.e. SplashThat, JiffleNow, etc)
- Outstanding communication, organizational and leadership skills
- A proactive approach to handling challenges that might arise and ability to quickly troubleshoot problems. Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Willingness to be versatile and flexible in a rapidly changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency, meeting deadlines and benchmarks
- Substantial budget management experience
- Customer-service orientation
- Ability to travel
- BSc/BA in marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
$36 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 5 Month Assignment