Project Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Event Coordinator 678412
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Event Coordinator to join our Event Experiences team. Primary responsibilities will include supporting planning trade shows, executing onsite management, pre/post asset management, and supporting the Institute team on technical curriculum development and film school engagements. The ideal candidate should be professional, dependable, and have a great attitude.
This role requires someone who is detailed, extremely organized, and can manage multiple projects at once.
- Assist with tradeshow planning including meeting with key stakeholders and business groups to outline demo technical requirements.
- Assist in sourcing and managing tradeshow infrastructure supplies and equipment inventory.
- Assist with pre/post show logistics around packing and shipping inventory to and from the site.
- Assist in pre-show setup for demo testing and troubleshooting
- Direct technical and systems construction when necessary including load-in, setup, testing, run of show, troubleshooting, teardown, and load-out.
- Manage onsite activities during the show and assist events team wherever needed
- Anticipate and troubleshoot any event problems that should arise
- Manage outside vendors and agencies
- Process and respond to inquiries regarding Institute technology training programs
- Coordinate engagements with select film schools worldwide in the adoption of our technologies
- Support the Institute & Events Technical Lead on issues regarding curriculum development and deployment
- Technologically fluent in professional and consumer A/V systems and interconnectivity including hardware, cables and connectors, signal conversion, and audio/video signal types and distribution.
- Technical familiarity with all relevant product categories and devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops, computers, home theatre, TVs, etc.
- Familiar with Mac OS and Windows and relevant audio and video file types
- 5 + years experience in related systems integration and events
- Team player who possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication, organizational and leadership skills
- A proactive approach to handling challenges that might arise and the ability to quickly troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Willingness to be versatile and flexible in a rapidly changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency, meeting deadlines and benchmarks
- Self-starter with a sense of humor and positive professional demeanor requiring little hand holding.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems effectively using any and all resources to find solutions including improvisational workarounds
- Customer-service orientation
- Ability to travel
- Possesses a hands-on approach to tasks and exhibits a desire to learn and grow in the field
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
- Basic Python and systems automation experience a plus
$40-$45 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 9 Month Assignment