Event Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Event Coordinator 1158
The Event Coordinator is responsible for coordinating events, including planning menus, booking musicians, putting up decorations, ordering flowers, hiring bartenders, and ensuring the event runs smoothly.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events, and virtual events.
- Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
- Book talent, including musicians, bands, and disc jockeys.
- Select chefs or catering companies to prepare food for the event.
- Sample food and select dishes for menus.
- Visit the venue to plan the layout of seating and decorations.
- Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize the event.
- Edit and design promotional materials.
- Work with printer and designer to develop event invitations.
- Create an invite list.
- Send out invitations and manage the RSVP list.
- Hire staff to manage the event, including bouncers and security personnel.
- Manage correspondence.
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Keep the inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
- Bachelor’s degree desired, HS diploma required
- Prior experience coordinating small to medium scale events for up to several hundred attendees
- Superb organizational skills
- Flexible, able to adapt to changing circumstances, expectations, budgets, and to handle all unexpected challenges in stride
- Knowledge of event management and qualities of a successful event 5-7 years’ experience
$35-$40 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94105 8-9 Month Assignment