Environmental Specialist 7927314
Oil and Gas | Bakersfield, CA | Full Time and Contract
The Environmental Specialist supports local management in establishing and continuously improving environmental performance and environmental programs.
- To develop Managers' awareness and ensure environmental programs are an integral part of Line Management responsibilities and objectives.
- To assist Line Management in: • Understanding and Implementing the HSE Management System.• Monitoring environmental objectives. • Liaising with local contractors, and agencies regarding environmental programs • Assessing the local environmental risks, and development risk controls. • Generating local environmental procedures, work instructions and checklists as required. • Preparing and monitoring environmental plans that define how the environmental aspects of the HSE Management System are implemented at location level.
- • Monitoring compliance to policies, standards and procedures.
- Plan and assist in compliance audits and self-audits (HSE MS, HSE and Product Line standards). To advise Management on corrective action required.
- To coordinate and actively participate in the screening and environmental training of all personnel, including contractors.
- To keep abreast of any new documentation and training material related to environmental management requirements and to inform management accordingly.
- To ensure that the relevant environmental documentation is updated and available on the site.
- To advise Management on the level of compliance of the local environmental program with company, local and national requirements/regulations of the host country.
- To actively monitor & follow-up on environmental reports and facilitate LPT meetings, HSE audits
- To support line management in investigations of environmental incidents.
- To develop and maintain a high level of awareness among all personnel through communications, training, and promoting active involvement of employees in environmental programs.
- To recommend improvements to the environmental aspects of the HSE program.
- Regular QUEST reviews to ensure the logged data is correct and up to date.
- To analyze environmental performance trends for the location.
Preferred University degree or Master’s degree in a related field such as:
- Occupational health & safety
- Environmental science/management
$24 per hour Bakersfield CA 93309 6 Month Assignment