Engineering and Development Solutions Project Manager
Software ENG & DEV | Colorado Springs, CO | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Engineering and Development Solutions Project Manager 713751
You will serve as a Project Manager for the Engineering & Software Development Solutions Team within End User Computing & Collaboration (EUCC) Services organization, which is part of the IT group. This team provides solutions and services for software engineering tools & licensing and engineering data collaboration services users.
- Project Structure and Team management:
- Identify core team members
- Ensure team member roles and responsibilities are defined and understood
- Work effectively in a virtual team model with many and sometimes all the team members located remotely and in different time zones.
- Work effectively with team members from other cultures.
- Identify project sponsors and stakeholders
- Identify organizations outside of EUCC that the project depends upon and vice versa
- Project Definition:
- Define the project scope, objectives, opportunities, risks, resources, dependencies, and high-level timeline.
- Identify key processes or guidelines that will need to adhere to, (e.g. will a security review be required).
- Ensure the project aligns with Engineering & SW Development Solutions roadmap and goals.
- Create a project data sheet (PDS).
- Project Planning:
- Lead the team to create a project schedule.
- Develop work breakdown structures to required levels
- Estimate the effort and time needed for each work item
- Identify risk areas and create a risk mitigation plan
- For large projects, schedule major phase reviews/sign-offs
- Project Communication:
- Escalate to management and/or sponsors when schedule or scope cannot be delivered as promised.
- Determine project meetings and management update cadence
- Facilitate project team meetings.
- Document project meeting minutes
- Create and publish project status updates, (usually weekly)
- Create senior management updates/reviews as required
- Issue Management:
- Prioritize issues, escalating in a timely manner to sponsors or overseeing manager any critical issues that arise.
- Log and track issues.
- Project Office and Administration:
- Establish audit-proof processes to track issues, action items, and key decisions.
- Establish a project repository for documents and files.
- Effectively utilize and set up collaboration tools for project team members to use.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Proven technical and project leadership experience.
- Some familiarity with the Atlassian Suite of tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence) and Agile methodology.
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Demonstrated success as a leader of people and manager of technical projects.
$35-$40 per Hour Colorado Springs, CO 80907 24 Month Assignment