Employee Relations Associate *
Human Resources | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Employee Relations Associate 778351 *
We are searching for an Employee Relations Associate in our Pleasanton office. This role partners with our Director, HR Business Partner supporting the People Strategy for a couple of keys functions. The key focus will include oversight of Employee Relations cases. The ER Associate ensures consistent application and consultation on Employee Relations cases and company policies while acting as the subject matter expert relating to Employee Relations. The ER Associate also serves as a partner and center of expertise related to investigations and case resolution while advising and sharing corporate tools, templates, and best practices. This will also include the application of trends and metrics to lead and drive program development and process improvements.
- Manages Employee Relations cases by providing employee and manager coaching and counseling while ensuring consistent application and interpretation of company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Applies employment law and policy knowledge to consult with managers to work through Employee Relations cases to positive resolution.
- Establishes a baseline for practical application of cases and able to identify solutions for future cases with unique factors.
- Stays up to date on employment laws and is able to identify and lead changes in policy based on the new legislature.
- Provides counsel to HR plant and international country managers in handling employee relations issues at their sites.
- Leads to harassment, discrimination, hostile work environment, and compliance hotline, DFEH/EEOC investigations.
- Ensures HR policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance with state and federal laws; develops, recommends and implements human resources policies to meet organizational needs. Identifies updates and documents processes and procedures.
- Partners with in-house counsel as necessary to effectively deal with possible conflicts related to employment practices.
- Serves as the policy contact and vendor contact to drive changes and improvements to current state Talent Management programs and policies.
- Creates insights from data, using trend and metric information to inform process and program improvements.
- This role includes program ownership and active identification of areas to drive improvement for increased efficiency. Recognizes, analyzes and diagnoses key trends in talent management and ER metrics to uncover the root cause. Develops and designs solutions, based on root cause analysis work, to effect process improvement change.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience required
- Ideally, 5 years of HR experience, preferably within Employee Relations, Consulting or HR Generalist role
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail.
- Superior project management skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong consulting skills - influencing, collaboration, contracting and responsiveness
- Excellent analytical skills. Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth knowledge of Labor Law as well as an understanding of company policies and practices.
- Analyzes interpret and apply Company policies and procedures, and Federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to employment and employee relations
- Erroneous decisions could result in liability and exposure to the company.
- Regularly interacts with managers and employees across all levels of the company.
- Negotiation, counseling and conflict management; must be able to facilitate communications, and influence without authority.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking/writing preferred
$30 per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 3 Month Assignment