Electric Service Technician
Technical Operations | Santa Rosa, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Electric Service Technician 600908
Responsible for performing a variety of technical support duties in the Hardware Test Center using the latest equipment & technologies to test prototypes and new products to ensure that they meet Quality and regulatory requirements for worldwide shipment. Most projects require mechanical and electrical tests prescribed by external regulations (ex EMC) or internal quality objectives (ex ETM). Duties include testing products, documenting results, communicating failure details, and problem-solving. The products that you test will be the latest & greatest technologies designed by company. The people that you work with, like you, are excited about learning new things and sharing experiences and ideas with others.
Technicians in this team will work not only on electrical evaluation of the product in tests like Radiated Emissions, ESD or Surge Testing, but also mechanical evaluation via tests like temperature, humidity, altitude, vibration and shock.
- Requires higher education or specialized training/certification (Electronics Certificate or equivalent), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires extensive knowledge and skills to complete specialized tasks.
- A positive attitude and desire to dive in to learn new things while having fun is very important. You will be working with teams who are under intense pressure.
- Ability to communicate constructively with engineers, project managers and technicians throughout the organization is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of operation, troubleshooting and remote control of test & measurement equipment such as power meters, signal sources, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers etc.
- A practical understanding of the trade-off between arriving at the root cause quickly vs. preserving the evidence.
- Data accuracy and ability to follow very detailed instructions during experiments is required.
- Self-motivated to learn new things on your own or through training, and a willingness to teach what you’ve learned to the rest of the team.
- Experience with hardware qualification during a New Product Introduction is a big plus
$28 per Hour Santa Rosa, CA 95403 24 Month Assignment