Creative | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Editorial Associate 741148
Our Editorial team is looking for an Editorial Associate to support the roll-out of new, high-profile, customer-facing webpages; you will track down creative assets and distill title information into smart but accessible copy. To excel in this position, you will be comfortable in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with high expectations for work quality and output. You're organized in the face of tight deadlines and can manage the requirements of various internal stakeholders. You use sound business judgment and an eye for detail to turn out excellent content. And you love a good story!
- Research (internally) and keep track of a list of pre-work for each page you edit
- Create or re-write original copy that will enhance a customer’s understanding and enjoyment of key titles
- Work with internal stakeholders to get copy approved (or to follow the direction for revisions)
- Listen to the audio and identify short sections to be featured on pages
- Suggest possible improvements to editorial workflow, with an eye toward scale
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Media, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven excellence in writing about books and audiobooks with a distinctive voice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of managing multiple tasks with speed, effectiveness, and attention to detail
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and questioning existing practices.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Not required, but we’d love to hear about any of the following: familiarity with audiobooks, project management experience, past web design experience, e-commerce skills, data-based decision-making.
Newark, NJ 07102 9 Month Assignment