Director of Decision Support*
Accounting | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
Director of Decision Support*
Our company is seeking a qualified contractor as backfill for the Director of Decision Support. The Director of Decision Support provides leadership in the development and administration of the Decision Support function within the Faculty Practice Finance Department and serves as a key finance business partner for leadership in the development of business plans, financial analysis and practice/service line reporting to inform key strategic business decisions.
The Director of Decision Support partners with user departments to enhance existing business applications and to facilitate solutions to meet business requirements. This position is responsible for managing various analytic and decision support functions. This position oversees and manages the cost accounting for Faculty Practice, service line profitability reporting and the decision support system integration of clinical and financial data in a patient-centric repository. This position oversees the modeling and analysis at the Organization level through the detailed patient-level financial and clinical data and analysis to inform the health system's operational, financial and strategic decision making.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
The Director of Decision Support is responsible for leadership in the functional areas, as follows:
- Oversees and manages all aspects of cost accounting for the Faculty Practice Organization working both independently and with the Center’s Decision Support team to interpret results, perform additional research on unexpected results, draw conclusion of consolidated patient level data, recommend course corrections.
- Create models/financial analysis tools that are used to create presentations to Senior Leadership that assist in understanding progress toward achievement of organizational goals (i.e. Payor mix data analysis, consolidation and reporting, Business and Service Line Reporting used to report actual results and budgeted amounts by Business and Service Line).
- Evaluates functionality and quality of decision support findings from a strategic standpoint as they affect multiple departments. Ensures that best practices, advanced metrics, and business analytical tools are properly utilized and functioning optimally to support sound decision-making.
- Conducts ongoing financial analysis of the operations that include recommendations for performance improvement to senior leadership.
- Supports decision support financial modeling of “what-if” scenarios to inform leadership and operations.
- Provides transactional support for practice expansions including recommendations for structure.
- Oversees the operational and financial aspects of the Faculty Practice’s Physician Service Payments (Funds Flow).
- Document and improve business processes
- Provides day-to-day leadership, management and guidance to the faculty Practice staff (three direct reports and one shared report).
To be effective, the Director Decision Support must apply in depth functional finance and cost accounting knowledge, planning and organizing skills, the ability to work collaboratively with physicians, administrative leadership, as well as an excellent staff management. The scope of this position is critical in nature and has a companywide impact. Erroneous decisions will have a very serious impact on the overall success of company’s financial operations.
Required minimum qualifications as individual must possess include:
- 10-year experience in decision support/financial management, preferably in physician practice or hospital setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related area and/or equivalent experience / training. Master’s degree and Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical, financial, and business information technology software, hardware, tools, techniques, and systems.
- Proficiency in use of integrated financial reporting tools and underlying data warehouse and cost accounting methodologies.
- Finance / financial management, analysis and modeling problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to analyze data utilizing defined, but different processes. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and document trends and variances timely (on an ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis).
- Functional knowledge of large scale integrated client server / ERP financial systems.
- Deep financial data knowledge and ability to use advanced business analysis skills to work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and exercise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Excellent ability to motivate, influence, and persuade others, and cultivate a strong commitment to efficiency, functionality, and quality customer services.
- Ability to work well in a collegial environment.
$100+ per hour depending on experience San Francisco CA 94103 6 Month Assignment