DH - NPD Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Engineering | Florence, KY | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
DH - NPD Mechanical Engineer 8382291
To research, design, develop, maintain new products and assist in their commercialization – in agreement with technical and business objectives. Successfully undertake technical projects.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop new products including but not limited to injection molded products.
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products, and assist in their commercialization.
- Prepare design sketches as part of a design team.
- Perform stress analyses, analyze data, prepare reports, and make comparisons with similar proven designs.
- May either personally execute experiments and tests or oversee their execution by technicians.
- Build prototypes and setup lab tests as needed
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests.
- Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation.
- Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements
- May assign, direct, and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers.
- May mentor junior engineers regarding technical matters.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following the Concurrent Lifecycle Management process.
- Make presentations effectively to technical and management audiences.
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Learn new skills and adopt new practices readily to develop innovative and low-cost products that maintain the technical leadership position.
- Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
- Understand and provide technical solutions according to the strategy.
- Comply with applicable company policies', including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent engineering education
- Experience developing injection molded products from concept to commercialization
- Experience working with mold toolmakers during product development process
- Experience with over-molding is a plus
- CAD design experience, Solid Edge or Creo
- Good mechanical, analytical, and technical skills
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis
- Experience with Moldflow software is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with resistance welding a plus
- Experience designing plastic and metal fabricated parts
Salary - $100k-$110k Florence KY 41042