IT & IS | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
DevOps Architect 626185
Principal DevOps Engineer for online television and media focused web properties. In this role, you will support infrastructure and platforms that serve our customers. We have diverse infrastructure that spans Linux and Windows servers in the datacenter with an eye towards the cloud. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned DevOps Engineer to manage a wide range of existing technologies with an opportunity to modernize it into the cloud. You thrive on monitoring, performance and uptime. You thrive on creating systems that are reliable, documented and monitored across multiple metrics. You love CI/CD and think releases should happen independent of manual intervention.
- Lead the design, implementation of our public Cloud infrastructure including CI/CD, provisioning, sizing, and Infrastructure as code
- Automate, automate and in case you are wondering automate some more.
- Implement monitoring platforms across infrastructure, applications and networks
- Manage Linux clusters and containers using tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Design and manage CI/CD platforms on tools like Jenkins that allow for multiple releases/day and developer visibility
- Support our development teams across multiple properties in an AGILE environment
- Help set up our own DevOps/SRE practice
- Lead the transition of our infrastructure from our datacenter to the public cloud
- Implementation of Infrastructure as Code for provisioning using tools such as Terraform
- Implement Configuration Management using tools such as Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Jenkins
- Work with our development teams on re-architecture of existing systems into the cloud
- Working with the various business units to help define SLO’s and SLI’s
- Automate and build bots for managing the lifecycle of our systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 9+ years managing and monitoring Linux systems
- 4+ years leading the design and implementation of Cloud systems in AWS/GCP using tools like Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins or Ansible.
- 3+ years experience setting up/managing monitoring systems
- 3+ years managing CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- 3+ years experience working with programming languages such as PHP, Perl, Java, Python, and Go
- 1+ years working with bots and building automation
- 1+ years experience containerizing applications using Docker/Kubernetes/ECS
- On call experience
- A deep understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures, experience in operating high performance, highly scalable, self-healing and fault-tolerant multi-tenant SaaS based applications.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work with 3rd parties and collaborate on solutions
$120-$130 Per Hour San Francisco, CA 94105 6 Month Assignment