Data Science ^
Data Analytics | Mountain View, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Data Science 6297 ^
- Extract and analyze data to derive actionable insights
- Formulate success metrics for completely novel products, socializing them and creating dashboards/reports to monitor them
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas and convert the results into actionable marketing & product recommendations
- As an end consumer of the data, determine the tracking necessary to enable analytics of our products and features by working closely with product and engineering partners
- Enable others in the organization to utilize your work by onboarding new metrics into our self-serve data system and the experimentation platform
- BS/MS degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, computer science, engineering, economics, etc.
- 2+ years of work experience providing analytical insights and business reports to product or business functions
- Proficiency in SQL and in a Unix/Linux environment
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau, QlikView, Microstrategy or other data visualization and BI dashboarding tools
- 1+ years of experience programming in Java or Python and working with large datasets
- Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline: statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, computer science, engineering, economics, etc.
- Experience in Hadoop or other MapReduce paradigms and associated languages such as Pig, Sawzall, etc.
- Experience presenting insights to executive staff on a regular basis
- Expertise in applied statistics and in at least one statistical software package, preferably R
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- Advanced skills in Java/C++
$85-$100 per Hour Mountain View, CA 94043 6 Month Assignment