Data Analyst 3783*
IT & IS | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
The Analytics Team leverages big data to empower business decisions.Our team is rapidly reinventing the way that proprietary data can be converted to insights to drive consumer marketing efforts and product strategies. We’re looking for a hands-on professional who is passionate about mining big data, turning data into insights, and making an impact. This person will work closely with Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Infrastructure Teams to develop and deliver measurement metrics and insights to drive the company’s monetization efforts in Premium Subscription and small business.
- Overall a highly driven, results-oriented, and nimble problem solver with a willingness to do “whatever it takes” to deliver results quickly.
- Manipulate data at large scale, to create, validate, and monitor key business metrics on both relational database (Teradata) and Hadoop.
- Build data ETL process and data workflow.
- Create insightful automated dashboards and data visualizations to track key business metrics.
- Translate business objectives into actionable analysis, and effectively communicates to broader audience writing and verbal formats.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to contribute to large-scale strategic projects as well as ongoing operational activities.
- BS or above degrees in quantitative fields - Computer Science, Engineering, Operational Research, Statistics, Economics or related fields.
- 1+ years experience in Analytics/Data Science.
- Proficient coding skills with SQL/relational databases (Teradata, Oracle etc), and big data query languages
- Proficient with with big data systems, i.e., Hadoop and Pig/Hive, etc.
- Experience building visualization dashboards, such as Tableau, etc.
- Experience communicating finding to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Masters or PhD degree in quantitative fields - Computer Science, Engineering, Operational Research, Statistics, Economics, Marketing or related fields.
- 3+ years’ experience in Analytics, ideally within the relevant domains of consumer internet industry, and marketing area such as segmentation, engagement, customer satisfaction, operations optimization, and ROI.
$35-$44 per Hour Sunnyvale, CA 94085 6 Month Assignment