Cybersecurity Response Analyst
IT & IS | Colorado Springs, CO | Full Time, Part Time, and Temporary
Cybersecurity Response Analyst 717541
We are seeking a Tier 1 Incident Response Analyst.
- Using various security tools to perform monitoring and analysis of security events to detect security risks and threats.
- Create formal incidents and support the investigation of such incidents to not only mitigate the current threat but also prevent future occurrences.
- Support escalation to and work closely with Sr. analysts, engineers, and management as required.
- Document all actions taken during incident investigations.
- Work closely with other teams to support the incident management process.
- Provide tuning and filtering recommendations to engineering teams.
- Support requests for data by the customer and/or other teams.
- Assist with the identification, creation, and refinement of the team’s processes and procedures.
- Stay abreast of current threats and vulnerabilities, particularly those that may directly impact the customer.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be a self-starter, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proven to be detail oriented and be able to use many various resources
- Must be able to multi-task and work on numerous projects with different tools
- General Cyber Security concepts (minimum 1-year experience)
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Log Collection tools (LogRhythm experience a plus)
- Windows operating systems
- Networking protocols (i.e. TCP/IP)
- Awareness and general understanding of security threats and vulnerabilities
- Enterprise environment concepts such as Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, VPN and DHCP
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Anti-Virus tools (experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 a plus)
- Incident Handling
$35-$40 per hour Colorado Springs, CO 80907 5 Month Assignment