Corporate Events Specialist
Event Management | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Corporate Events Specialist 769429
The Corporate Events Specialist will work closely with the Senior Corporate Events Manager and the Director of Events to execute events for our company. These events may include but are not limited to employee-facing internal events, seminars, conferences, global initiatives, and recruiting events. The Corporate Events Specialist will support the Facilities/Real Estate teams in strengthening best practices and logistics to ensure the successful execution of events and other assigned projects.
- Assists in the execution of internal events including leadership events, culture events, recruiting events, recognition events and employee engagement events
- Works with cross-functional teams and Senior Corporate Events Manager to ensure positioning, messaging, goals, deliverables, and tactics are achieved before during, and after each respective event
- Develops detailed event project plans, workflows, and timelines for each event
- Develops and manages administrative tasks in support of various events including scheduling, pre-event supply sourcing, and other duties as assigned
- Liaise with HR, PR/Communications, Social Media, IT, A/V, Creative and Marketing teams to ensure consistency of messaging, and amplification of core event elements occurs
- Anticipates and ensures compliance with legal. Coordinates with internal and external partners to identify and address concerns.
- Assists in managing all off and on-site logistics for event site preparation, execution, and breakdown including the shipping of event supplies, product, and collateral to and from event locations
- Interacts closely with outside partners (vendors, conference producers, etc.) including management of third-party meeting schedules and site visits
- Responsible for managing the details of conference room blocks guarantee/attrition and food and beverage minimums
- Schedules necessary project team meetings or sub meetings, develops and distributes the meeting agenda, facilitates the meeting and reports out on actionable items
- Creates post-event recaps and propose opportunities for change and improvement to stakeholders
- Assists in the development and management of the internal and employee Swag stores
- Other tasks as assigned by the Sr. Manager, Corporate Events and the Director of Events
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in corporate event planning or in a similar function is required.
- Strong communication skill is required
- Experience within a start-up, media or entertainment environment is preferred.
- Prior experience organizing and managing multiple small and large scale events
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint) and event software is required
- Demonstrate initiative, strong work ethic, & ownership of work
- Ability to multi-task, take direction, and work independently
- Creative problem solver, team player and resourceful
- Must be available to work some weekends and evening
Newark, NJ 07102 3 Month Assignment