Legal | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Contracts Manager 785165
The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete high volumes of tasks and projects quickly with little guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround, take effective action without having to know the total picture, and solve problems that affect people within the group or other related groups. The candidate will also be client-service oriented, have great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, have great organization skills and have the ability to easily switch gears. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company are essential.
- Secure rights to third party materials (image, music & other media)
- Facilitate clearance requests by working closely with content producers in researching copyright ownership and by researching rights to pre-existing material as necessary
- Negotiate licenses and permissions with various rights holders for content to be used on the platforms.
- Vet content prior to posting, (which may entail multiple stakeholders internally) to ensure necessary clearances are in place
- 3+ years of paralegal, contracts manager or other comparable experience within the entertainment/media/technology field
- Expertise in licensing for all types of media platforms
- Bachelor Degree
- Working Knowledge of Legal Concepts Related to Licensing, including copyright and trademark law
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
$1,500-$2,000 per Week Newark, NJ 07102 8 Month Assignment