Contracts and Grants Associate (H)
Compliance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary | From $26.00 to $26.00 per hour
Contracts and Grants Associate 81217190 (H)
A leading medical institution is seeking a Contract Associate. The successful candidate will review grants and agreements in compliance with policies and procedures, as well as other contracts which may be assigned by the team manager. The ideal candidate has the ability to maintain current knowledge of compliance regulations in relevant areas of research administration.
Contracts and Grants Associate Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $26/hr
- Worksite: Leading medical institution (San Francisco, CA 94158, Able to work at other Medical Center locations and various external venues)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, PSL
- 40 hours/week, 4 Month Assignment
Contracts and Grants Associate Responsibilities:
- Intake and complete preliminary compliance review for incoming transactions. Complete certain agreement transactions, as assigned.
- Work with other analysts in preparing and negotiating standard transactions as assigned by the Manager and senior contract and grant officers, utilizing OSR templates and resources.
- Assist with reporting and analysis processes, including FFATA reporting process including entry, submission, and review of FFATA reports as required for subawards and procurements issued under federal grants, contract, and cooperative agreements.
- Assist with managing risk analysis process including documentation of annual risk assessments of federal subrecipients in support of the central risk assessment committee (RAC Committee).
- Assist with reports on contracting activity as requested.
- Provide advice regarding sponsored projects administration to department administrators and PI.
- Interact with collaborators and campus personnel at all levels in a concise and professional manner.
- Assist in support of audit and special projects as directed by senior staff.
- Work with other analysts in the negotiation of terms and conditions of agreements from various sponsors.
- Establish and maintain mandated recordkeeping in compliance with institutional and sponsor policies.
- Review agreement requests to determine eligibility for processing, sufficiency of documentation, and identify outstanding compliance issues.
- Review incoming agreements in compliance with sponsor requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Manager to respond to data and audit requests.
- Research and gather historical award information to respond to information requests from Collaborators, OSR, and Department Staff.
- Assess and accept terms not compliant with policy and guidelines.
- Manage contractual issues that may jeopardize a research program or be out of compliance with standards.
- Provide analytical, financial, and training activities in support of contract and grant proposal development, grant-writing, funding, administration, and budget development.
Contracts and Grants Associate Qualifications:
- 1+ years of related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience/training.
- Juris Doctor degree is preferred.
- Previous experience working with research grants and contracts is preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, sponsor, and institutional regulations, policies, and guidelines is preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to the use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc. is preferred.
- Understanding of research administration guidelines of Federal and non-Federal sponsors supporting research and educational activities, preferably in a university environment is preferred.
- Ability to manage a high volume of transactions. Ability to prioritize and organize work; ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to perform moderately complex data analysis or customized reporting.
- Ability to maintain independent judgment; strong organization; communication skills; and a customer service focus. Ability to coordinate effectively with various levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of compliance regulations in relevant areas of research administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal, or reporting principles is preferred.