Content Writer 2971
Technical Operations | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time and Contract
The Knowledge Analyst is responsible for creating and maintaining user content for company employees and End User Support technicians. The analyst will take complex technical information and use the latest tools and methods to create a variety of materials. As a knowledge analyst you will have the opportunity to use your experience, talents, and skills to produce highly effective, user focused content for both technical and non-technical audiences.
This person will work with the End User Support and Support Effectiveness team to:
- Design and write software and hardware online content, online help, release notes, technical notes, and other miscellaneous deliverables.
- Create document plans for each project you are assigned and track your schedule and progress.
- Assist in promoting and evolving the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) Program.
- Conduct in-depth interviews with subject matter experts to gain an understanding of the features and functionality being documented.
- Work with the End User Support Intake team on key projects and maintain a backlog of documentation to be written.
- Write Knowledgebase articles and process articles written by other authors in the Knowledgebase.
- Process feedback left by users and by peers on knowledge articles.
- Maintain the queue of feedback and assign feedback to authors. Drive to conclusion.
- Write and maintain the End User Support Standard Operating Procedures manual, policies, and procedures. Conduct reviews with policy owners, make updates, and communicate changes.
- Review knowledge activity metrics and look for opportunities to create knowledge.
- Assist in Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) Coaches council.
- Work with the IT, HR, Finance, and other operational teams to adopt Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) and create resources for training and quick reference.
- Assist in testing core platform features, workflows or defects.
Most Critical Skills (Must Have Skill Sets):
- 2+ years technical writing experience (preferably in the High Tech industry)
- 1+ years experience with Knowledge Management methodologies, especially Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) working as a publisher and coach, or knowledge manager
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, customer service oriented
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Experience in large, complex IT, Technology, or Help Desks/Service Desks, ITIL, or HDI
- Working technical knowledge of ServiceNow, Confluence, ServiceNow Knowledgebase reporting, RightAnswers
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
$40-$55 Per Hour, depending on experience Sunnyvale CA 94085 6 Month Assignment