Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Collections Specialist 769182
The Collections Specialist is responsible for the management of a portfolio of accounts within a defined geography, consisting of both channel partner and end-user accounts. The position manages cash collections to the closure of the invoice on the receivable. This includes cash receipt and closure of the invoice. The position reports to America’s Credit and Collection Manager and being an equal team member to global. During the collections process teaming with the customer and cross-functional team includes sales, sales operations, marketing, revenue accounting, tax, billing, etc. is required. The primary focus is to drive strong collections and exceed quarterly cash, aging and DSO metrics. The position will additionally be responsible for timely cash application, processing of credit memos as required, monthly reporting and audit compliance.
- Drive to closure all past due items while achieving quarterly departmental and company DSO, cash collection and aging, unapplied cash and audit compliance goals.
- Communicate detailed AR Statements timely with all customers
- Maintain timely and accurate updates of collection notes by account and invoice on shared drive
- Secure timely commitments to pay
- Follow standard company escalation process
- Escalate and resolve disputes timely
- Partner with the customer and internal teams to resolve any payment disputes or delays beyond terms.
- Capture and report root cause preventing payment, especially where trend occurs.
- Secure sales tax exemption certificates and coordinate credit memo processing with tax and billing.
- Partner with cash application team to ensure cash payments or credit memos are applied timely.
- Assist with input on Over 60 transactions for completion of the quarterly bad debt reserve
- Review applicable customer master information and report any errors for timely correction to Credit Manager
- Contribute to efforts to develop policies and procedures to streamline AR management, collections, credit and revenue operations processes.
- 4-6 years of experience or work experience in the hi-tech industry
- Business or Accounting degree or equivalent work experience
- Oracle Experience
- Strong interpersonal communications skills - ability to communicate effectively and team with all levels of management, strong problem-solving skills and detailed oriented.
- Excel and Word skills
- Through understanding of the sales quotation to invoice and cash collection process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
$30 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94107 5 Month Assignment