Cloud Security Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Cloud Security Engineer 620295
You will research the latest threats & methods for deploying infrastructure controls in the prevention, detection and reaction to best securing the environment and automate threat identification and defense capabilities. Your mission will be to ensure that environment and customer data remains secure. You will work across many teams including infrastructure, engineering, operations and product development. You will work across multiple work streams including infrastructure security, security operations, and incident response. In this role, you will design and develop for the cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure) based Infrastructure controls to support our team and platform consumers utilize.
- This person should think of infrastructure as code. You will work closely with the Operation,
- Development and QA teams on architecture and technologies.
- Architecture, configuration, operations, and maintenance of infrastructure, network and supporting software related to the cloud & application infrastructure.
- Proven track record developing and implementing security tools, technologies and process integrations for cloud-based architectures.
- Prior experience in a technology company working closely with product and DevOps engineers on security requirements. Experience with DevOps environments and AWS & GCP security controls a strong plus.
- As a hands-on technical specialist, handle complex and detailed technical work necessary to establish and maintain secure cloud security environment.
- Securing perimeter and network of application environment.
- Implement and maintain network security infrastructure globally including Firewalls, DDOS mitigation, VPN and remote access.
- Architect, configure, manage and deploy devices including firewalls, VPC’s, Security Groups, Key Management and Secure SDLC pipeline to improve our ability to prevent and detect intrusions in real-time.
- Gather threat intelligence and build, optimize, and automate systems to consume threat feeds and track adversaries.
- Work with application and infrastructure teams to design and architect infrastructure (network, OS, databases) and applications to protect against attackers.
- Master's degree in computer science or related field, or Bachelor's degree (B.A.) and equivalent work experience.
- 4 - 6 yrs experience in Information Security.
- Experience with building and operating secure infrastructures
- Experience in the field of security in at least three of the following areas: secure cloud deployment, application whitelisting, security engineering, incident handling, vulnerability analysis, active adversary threat management, penetration testing, intrusion detection, firewalls and encryption technologies
- In-depth knowledge of AWS & GCP and other public and private cloud infrastructure is required
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking (OSI stack, TCP, SDN, etc).
- Experience with Java, Python, Perl and Ruby for automation.
- Strong Unix/Linux experience with familiarity with Windows environments and hardening guidelines.
- Strong understanding of security technologies including host and network-based protection and detection technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with network, host and application security practices.
- Experience with Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Key Management and other network security technologies
$80-$90 per hour San Francisco, CA 94105 6 Month Assignment