Cloud Operations Engineer ^
Software ENG & DEV | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time and Contract
Cloud Operations Engineer 1445 ^
The Private Cloud Operations team provides and operates an ever-growing, stable, high performing Openstack virtualization platform to serve as one of the foundations for the success of the company application. We continuously improve the quality and efficiency with which we deliver and manage that platform through proactive monitoring and capacity management.
Join us as we expand, improve, and automate our current world-class Private Cloud while designing and implementing our next generation platform on Openstack and Kubernetes.
The role is as our SRE/Ops Watcher, who will handle day to day requests for support from many different teams. This person will respond to the requestor, open a ticket and gather relevant information, and then either fix the issue or identify the right resources to deal with an issue. We might find additional duties based on capabilities. We will train on the management of our Private Cloud architecture, Openstack virtualization platform and Contrail SDN but experience and/or exposure to these technologies is a plus.
- Fluent in Linux (CentOS or similar)
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructure systems; good understanding of Data Centers and provisioning/managing infrastructure resources (Compute/Network/Storage
- Fluency in Programming/Scripting language(s) like Python, Ruby or bash.
- Your awesome communication skills leave no room for ambiguity or miscommunication, and your follow up skills are second to none.
- At a minimum, 1+ years of experience in Infrastructure Engineering
Nice To Have:
- Experience with container technologies like Docker/Rocket and Kubernetes/Mesos/Marathon, especially on top of Openstack, is a HUGE PLUS
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, private (OpenStack) and/or public (AWS/Azure/GCP) clouds
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible) and how to administer them
- Experience with upgrading Openstack clusters to a newer version of Openstack
- Experience with using shared storage (Ceph) to enable Live Migration
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (OpenContrail)
- Experience with Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (CICD) and Infrastructure As Code (IAC)
$75 Per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 6 Month Assignment