Clinical System Analyst
IT & IS | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Clinical System Analyst 674735
- Assist with resolving/troubleshooting system issues including application performance, connectivity issues, hardware and integrations/interfaces (pull log files, replicate, test, document).
- Assist with escalations to the appropriate IT and/or external vendor contact.
- Assist with the escalation of issues regarding network, integrations or servers to the appropriate IT contact.
- Track and trend recurring technical issues to institute process improvements, improve performance and reduce customer-facing issue and IT support resources.
- Support existing system development for new features/functionality and new deployments of the system at other locations. These efforts will include systems analysis and design, planning and preparation, coordination of testing and implementation as needed.
- Develop, support and maintain systems technical documentation and procedures as needed and provide training to other IT staff and clinical users as required.
- Coordinate interactions and activities of vendors, both on-site and off-site as related to systems or areas supported.
- Assign, plan, manage and complete tasks with minimal supervision and coordinate multiple assignments concurrently.
- Perform daily system monitoring and reporting, reviewing logs for hardware and software issues/trends.
- Troubleshoot problems end-to-end, identifying the potential root cause, coordinating service/support between Clinical users, IT, Network, Integrations, Server engineering, Data Center Operations, vendors and Apex application teams.
- Work with IT to coordinate security management process including risk and vulnerability analysis and related documentation associated with interconnected/integrated medical systems
- Work with clinical and application stakeholders in developing specifications for new features/functionality, integrations or interfaces.
- Test and provide quality control for the implementation of patches, system software upgrades or configuration updates and interfaces.
- Meet weekly with the Customer Engagement Applications Manager to prioritize team workload
- Manage Service Now ticket queue for all CEA applications.
- Coordinate and manage ongoing support and development of the multiple integration points for supported systems including system interfaces such as:
- Epic / APeX
- Video Conferencing and Telemedicine (CUCM)
- Active Directory
- At least 2 years of experience in a highly regulated clinical healthcare environment.
- Must have experience supporting and troubleshooting computer hardware and software in healthcare, preferably with a nursing point of care solutions.
- Must possess general knowledge of wireless and wired communication systems and protocols.
- Must possess general knowledge of systems integration workflow capabilities, requirements and protocols.
- Experience developing technical documentation including system architectures, design documentation and other technical support documentation as needed and proficiency in Visio and Microsoft Excel.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, graduation from a school with an equivalent curriculum, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written, technical, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and projects independently and simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills; able to use knowledge of systems to identify the source of the problem quickly.
- Strong understanding of server operations, network operations, security, Wi-Fi networking and cabling.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment, attention to process and detail. Follow up on relevant clinical/equipment issues.
- Discretion, confidentiality, tact, and ability to deal with sensitive issues.
- Able to prioritize multiple deadlines and dependent activities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills, including tenacious ability to research, analyze and resolve a variety of hardware and software problems.
- Must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing, as well as be able to follow both verbal and written instructions. The person in this position must be able to work with all levels of staff and work independently with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge of information security best practices and demonstrated a commitment to information security.
- A valid California state driver’s license is preferred since auto travel to other sites is often required.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of clinical workflows; applicable to the functionality and capability of patient engagement solutions and point of care integrations and associated systems and integrated devices.
- Desktop support experience in a clinical setting
$35-$40 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94158 3 Month Assignment