Clinical Applications Professional
IT & IS | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Clinical Applications Professional 769219
- Troubleshooting system problems that prevent a user from completing a task in the software
- Build order sets, note templates, and other documentation tools
- Troubleshoot inbasket message routing
- Researching issues that cross multiple applications and operational departments (e.g. Billing workflows)
- Problems that impact multiple users, patient safety, compliance or medical risk
- Workflow solutions that change users EHR workflows that need CS/IT governance
- Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the company standards and expectations for communication and behavior.
- These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the company’s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting
- All patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays, and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, teamwork, cultural sensitivity, and competency.
- Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients/families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive.
- Exhibits teamwork skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues and use personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
- Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
- Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout the entire facility.
- Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
- Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
- Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
- Bachelor's degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Academic Medical Center experience
- Broad and/or in-depth knowledge of 1-2 areas of focus in clinical applications specialty area(s).
- Knowledge of systems and functions, including design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation.
- Strong problem-resolution skills, with the ability to quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively, train, support, and work collaboratively with users of clinical information systems at all professional and technical levels.
- Detail-oriented, with proven organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and see projects through to completion on deadline.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to convey technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical applications users in a specific, clear, and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge in documentation and reporting, with the ability to design and execute tests, analyze system performance data and produce substantive reports and analyses.
- Ability to work with senior staff and managers, serving as a technical resource and providing advice and counsel on issues of functionality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, policy, and performance.
$80-$85 per hour San Francisco, CA 94103 9 Month Assignment