Business/Tech Support Analyst
Technical Operations | Oakland, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Business/Tech Support Analyst 776220
- Troubleshoots and supports all aspects of field services at BCHO during assigned shift including work assignment, scheduled maintenance, proactive incident management, problem management, change management and service requests with minimal supervision for all devices supported, including Windows desktops and laptops, handheld device (iPhones, iPads, Android devices) connectivity, and video conferencing endpoints.
- Escalate and communicate problems and status updates to management
- Proper use of the prevalent IT Service Management toolset (e.g. ServiceNow) as defined by the management team
- Use the hospital ticketing system to manage work queues
- Provide technical consultation and guidance to other team members
- Work directly with the client in offering support and/or training on various BCHO end-user devices
- Exercise sound judgment and prioritization and reorganization of customer requests
- Adhere to ITIL best practice
- Develop, support and maintain systems documentation and procedures as needed, provide training to other IT staff and user clients as appropriate and facilitating presentations to IT senior management
- Analyze customer requirements and configuration; assist in planning and implementing requested changes, including researching and procuring viable solutions when appropriate
- May have incidental access to confidential information. As such, employee is expected to adhere and abide to BCHO confidentiality agreements, policies and procedures
- Operational oversight may be required during a scheduled shift
- Perform other duties, tasks, or projects assigned by the IT Technical Support Management
- Participate in complex projects and small groups of employees or consultants
- This position may require shift or site rotation assignment (site rotation could be required throughout the work shift) including weekends and off-hours as part of regular work shift.
- Deliver guidance to other IT personnel as appropriate.
- Maintain a clean, safe and unobstructed work area, practice good safety habits and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
- Follow HIS standards and policies regarding the use of scheduling tools, email, voicemail, on call, etc.
- Promote use of current hardware and software standards
- Support a culture of collaboration and cross-functional teamwork aimed at providing complete, end-to-end IT technology solutions to meet the needs of the hospital.
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and/or quality of the services provided by HIS.
- Utilize the defined and approved HIS operational processes in the areas of incident, change, request and release management
- Create material including procedure documents, manuals, letters, memoranda, reports and other correspondence
- Moderate travel required
- Expertise in end-user devices including Windows desktop/laptops and operating systems and familiar with handheld devices such as iPhones, iPad, and Android devices, and video conferencing endpoints.
- 3-5 years of related work experience required.
- 2–3 years experience in healthcare strongly desired.
- Ability to stay current with new technologies and maintain desire and ability to learn these technologies.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Must demonstrate the ability to assess a situation, define the problem, develop an approach and work with other teams as necessary in executing on that approach.
- Need to demonstrate past instances of working in this manner successfully.
$23 per Hour Oakland, CA 94609 3 Month Assignment