Business Systems Analyst*
IT & IS | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time and Contract
Business Systems Analyst 1029*
The main function of a business systems analyst is to analyze science, engineering, business and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. A typical business systems analyst is responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations. Job
The Business Technology (IT) Financial Analyst position will assist with the tracking, analysis, and reporting of the BT budget and related processes. This is an exciting role in a growing organization that is actively investing in its Portfolio and Financial Management capability. This role will play a key part in BT’s annual planning process and in tracking budgets and headcount throughout the year. This role will work with our BT Finance partner and PMO management team to turn finance data into actionable data for key business decisions. This individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, is detailed oriented, and has strong skills with spreadsheets and slides. Must have a solid analytical mindset and enjoy a team setting where your success depends heavily on building relationships across the organization.
- Track and analyze finances and headcount across the BT organization
- Create, monitor and improve financial dashboards for executive consumption
- Work with project owners to keep data up to date and accurate
- Assist with creation and adherence to budget processes
- Help with planning and executing annual planning process and regular quarterly budget and headcount updates.
- Help create executive budget analysis for QBRs, Operating Reviews, and other key executive reports
- Developing, implementing, training and managing the FPD financial model and the models for current and future international operations.
- Providing technical support and expertise for future expansion (acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, and partnerships).
- Coordinating the business plans and forecasts for international subsidiaries as well as the roll up of all FPD forecasts.
- Providing management with monthly analysis and commentary on the variance of FPD’s Business Plan to Actualresults.
- Providing support, coordinating, and implementing the Rolling Business Management forecast monthly for the FPD.
- Coordinating and implementing the Intercompany Service Charge process for Caterpillar Financial Service Corporation(CFSC).
- Maintaining and operating the Capital Management System for FPD’s capital assets.
- Providing expertise in foreign accounting rules and regulations and developing the routine to convert differences to U.S.GAAP
- Work closely with the BTPMO team to track and monitor and classify budget data across multiple cost centers within the BT organization
- Assist the BTPMO team in maturing portfolio budget management processes within the department
- Perform portfolio and financial analyses and prepare reports for management
- Participate in the development and management of annual planning processes including template preparation, training, data collection and related reporting
- Provide financial support for project budgets, planning, execution and project close-out activities throughout BT.
- Provide BT Financial Business process, policy and procedure guidance to IT Portfolio and PMO teams.
- Assist in financial management & reporting, ad hoc research & analysis, applicable financial tools/job aids and interpretation BT financial reports and dashboards.
- Provide Budget/Forecast vs. Actuals analysis on a project, program and cost center basis
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Partner with BT Program Managers, Service Owners, and Business Relationship Managers on the development of budgets and forecasts, manage and track monthly expenses to avoid exceeding budget; meet regularly to determine project cost drivers and review variance analysis results
- Track and report headcount adds, moves and changes to BT management. Work with Finance and Recruiting partners to develop forecasts and estimates
- Knowledge of financial / budget concepts in a technical organization
- Excellent Excel/GSheet spreadsheet skills and solid PowerPoint/GSlide skills
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic business environment where priorities can change quickly
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) and/or equivalent work experience required
- 5-7 years of experience working in a fast-paced technology organization analyzing finances
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Expert knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience required.
$100-$105 Per Hour Pleasanton CA, 94588 3 Month Assignment