Business Systems Analyst^
IT & IS | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Business Systems Analyst 1114^
The Business Systems Analyst acts as a liaison between IT and business functions to analyze complex business problems and provide technical solutions. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Interacts with internal and external technical resources, as well as functional Business Analysts and Project Managers.
- Works collaboratively with the Sales and Services Operations team, along with other groups, as necessary, to ensure the requirements are understood and documented. Further, the person in this role will be hands-on and will need to understand the Apttus CPQ functionalities, in addition to Salesforce Sales Cloud, Forecasting and CPQ tools.
- Subject matter expert in for both functional and solution analysis and light design for the Salesforce platform, and related technical areas listed
- Partner with stakeholders to shape requirements and ensure alignment with business/technology strategy and planned initiatives
- Drive the planning, prioritization, design, development, and deployment of new projects & system enhancements
- Evaluate and address cross-functional and cross-system dependencies.
- Responsible for understanding business requirements, creating/grooming user stories, and partnering with the Development team to deliver a solution and a plan.
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements; serve as a trusted technology advisor for business users.
- Participate in change management and go live support processes.
- Maintain a high-level familiarity with other IT system/business application capabilities and scope definition in order to make recommendations upstream/downstream integration or functionality intersection points.
- Coordinate and perform system testing to ensure requirements are met.
- Work closely with the project team during user acceptance testing (UAT); including tracking issues through to resolution and securing end-user acceptance sign-off.
- Partner with business operations team members to define, plan, and execute small and medium projects, in addition to ongoing delivery of ‘run the business’ enhancements and fixes.
- 5+ years of IT experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 3+ years experience with Salesforce.com in an Enterprise IT environment
- Salesforce Admin Certification (201) preferred
- Apttus CPQ Certified