Business Data Analyst ^
Digital Marketing | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Business Data Analyst 726859 ^
As a Business Analyst, you will work daily with our marketing, data science, and analytics teams to gather and analyze data, create reports, support deep dives and support data-driven decision making. You will manage projects, define concepts, run analysis and interpret results.
- You must be passionate about data-driven decision making, uncompromisingly detail oriented, smart, efficient, and driven to help our business succeed.
- You must be a result oriented individual with a strong focus towards details and their objectivity in the decision-making process.
- You love working with analytic tools and be an advocate for your customer group.
- You must be able to manage tight timelines and coordinate your work with other team members.
- Your work must be accurate, timely and insightful.
- You must be a self-starter and be able to learn on the go.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain a deep understanding of business drivers and an innate grasp of business metrics definitions, and pro-actively interact with the business to give context and support them interpret reporting data
- Proactively conceptualize and run analysis that generates insights on customer behavior and customer needs to help further develop our service to the customer
- Lead strategic and ad-hoc analysis of business issues through database querying, followed by relevant analysis, interpretation of results and formulation of recommendations for action
- Work with stakeholders, data source providers, and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
- Learn and understand a broad range of data resources and know how, when, and which to use
- Monitor existing metrics, develop and propose new metrics, and work across the organization to make actionable intelligence available to business stakeholders
- Work with business users to drive and analyze business campaigns such as emails, a/b tests, cohort-based tests, etc.
- Relevant experience (+8 years) in the areas of Strategic Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or Consulting in an eCommerce environment or in a related field.
- Your degree in science, economy, technology, mathematics or a related field, speaks of a person who is comfortable in data-centric environments.
- Strong theoretical and functional understanding of machine learning concepts and background in employing these concepts to solve business problems using R, Python, SAS, SPSS, etc.
- Your strong coding skills (SQL, R, Python, SAS, etc.) allow you to comfortably and independently extract data from different databases and you are an expert in Excel with a proven track record.
- You enjoy working in a team of highly engaged individuals.
- You have a passion for numbers, data, and metrics, but also for delivering an analysis of the highest quality.
- Proven experience in identifying opportunities for business improvement, and defining and measuring the success of those initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to dig into the “why” of various results and present data-driven insights and recommendations
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Ability to multi-task and work under firm deadlines within a rapidly changing environment
- Proficiency in working with data visualization tools (ex: Microstrategy, Tableau), statistical/analytical tools (ex: R, Python, SAS, or SPSS)
- SQL certification, experience with Redshift, or experience with a relevant programming language (e.g. Python, VB)
- Master’s Degree or MBA preferred
Newark, NJ 07102 9 Month Assignment