IT & IS | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time and Contract
Business Analyst 5699
We are seeking Data Analyst to join the Business Operations team within the Technology Infrastructure group based in Sunnyvale, CA. The candidate will play a key role in all financial reporting, strategic planning and analysis activities supporting our production infrastructure organization.
The successful candidate will partner with key budget owners and engineering stakeholders to gather, analyze, report and communicate financial and operational information with a goal to continuously improve company’s cost to serve. The candidate will track key financial trends, develop forecasting models and scenario analysis, and identify creative operational improvement opportunities within our production infrastructure organization.
The candidate will join a small team and have a significant impact on how the company manages its engineering resources and makes investment decisions to expand infrastructure footprint both on-premise and on the cloud.
- Prepare and assist in developing monthly, and quarterly budget review packages and financial analysis for leadership to draw insights and develop appropriate action plans to meet budget targets
- Play a key role to support Tech FP&A and Engineering functions - responding to questions on financial/budget reporting, preparing ad hoc analyses, pulling supporting data, etc.
- Support proactive engagement with service owners to validate business needs, and build ROI driven business plans highlighting short-term and long-term financial impact.
- Help drive monthly and quarterly internal budget operations such as highlighting variances and associated drivers, reconciling monthly budget spends, and collaborating with engineering leaders to understand demand drivers and adjusting budget forecasts
- Support annual planning/forecasting tasks related in collaboration with FP&A and supported engineering functions (collection of inputs, bottom-up budget modeling support, demand consolidation and analysis).
- Play a key role in defining, validating and implementing prototype dashboards summarizing the cost of running and buying company’s on-premise and cloud infrastructure resources (compute, storage, network, data centers)
- Support cost-to-serve optimization initiatives supporting service leaders in making optimum, total cost of ownership decisions
- B.S./B.A. in a technical or business field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience driving business operations and financial planning within the tech infrastructure space.
- 3+ years of experience in banking, management consulting, business strategy, and/or FP&A.
- Engineering degree or Masters in a professional field
- Strong Excel (sumifs, vlookup, pivot tables, index match, etc.)
- Proven success in financial reporting, planning and analysis (internal/management reporting, budget/forecast vs. actual, trend & scenario analysis, ROI analysis, operational modeling, etc.)
- Proven track record of executing under tight deadlines and ensuring deliverable timelines are met
- Working knowledge of financial concepts such as capital & operational expenses, depreciation & amortization, accruals, fixed assets, cost center, chart of accounts, etc.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of infrastructure technologies (compute, storage, network, data centers) and trends (on-premise vs. cloud, software defined storage, network virtualization)
- Strong analytical, organizational, relationship building, and written/verbal communication skills
$50-$60 Per Hour Sunnyvale, CA 94085 12 Month Assignment