Build Engineer ^
Software ENG & DEV | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Build Engineer 3468 ^
The Build Engineer position implements and maintains the tools and procedures created to support the source code management and build requirements of Company’s Java-based software applications. In addition, the Build Engineer position is involved in the support, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of Software Engineer-utilized build infrastructure, code compilation processes, software release mechanics, and source code management for Company's internally developed Java-based applications.
- Configures and maintains the specific build environment(s) including SVN, GIT, Nexus, IVY, Maven, continuous integration (Jenkins), etc.
- Provides second and third-level support for the application environment(s).
- Analyzes the build environment and develops detail change suggestions for enhancements and new solutions.
- Ensures that all required environment documentation exists and is updated (configuration item information), published and understood by all users.
- Performs builds of new versions of software developed and maintained by Company Engineering.
- Support consultants, partners, and the Open Source community
- 1-3 years of experience as a Build Engineer
- 1-2 years authoring/editing/testing build framework scripts. (Gradle, Maven, Ant, etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience with build dependency management systems. (Gradle, Maven, Ivy, npm, Nuget, etc.)
- 1-2 years building multi-project applications with Jenkins or similar.
- 1-2 years scripting project build jobs with Jenkins pipelines or other DSLs.
- 1-2 years setting up and configuring dependency management repositories Nexus or Artifactory
- 1-3 years Unix scripting
- 1-3 years of Linux administration
- Understand of parallel development methodologies using Git, SVN or equivalent
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Demonstrates meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrates the ability to be self-directing with strong prioritization and time-management skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications and systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent business/education experience
- Background in complex software environments
- Commercial Software Experience, Installer Experience
- Understanding of agile or other iterative software development methodologies
- Some understanding and usage of cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
$70-$75 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94111 12 Month Assignment