Software ENG & DEV | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
BI Developer 695283
The professional in this role will be responsible for the design and development of Enterprise BI solutions that comprise our global BI ecosystem. You will collaborate with Global Analytics business stakeholders to strategize, design, and implement extendable BI solutions which optimize ease of use and user adoption while providing actionable insights.Responsibilities:
- Work with data engineers to create a schema and application objects to build and support dynamic reports and data visualizations in Microstrategy.
- Analyze business requirements, propose, design and implement solutions using Microstrategy best practices to meet operational requirements including scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, and manageability.
- Ensure that solutions are designed for optimal access (global) and to deliver relevant content.
- Coordinate with Global Analytics business stakeholders on BI/DWH governance.
- Produce technical documentation to support data delivery development.
- Share knowledge and provide technical guidance to less experienced team members.
- 8+ years of relevant IT experience or combination of experience and education
- 5+ years of experience with MicroStrategy BI tools as a Developer/Architect in a large environment.
- Experience with Agile Scrum.
- Experience with MicroStrategy 10.x preferred.
- Proven experience developing and evolving BI solutions with a user-focused mindset.
- Capable of capturing and modeling complex business cases in terms of tables and relationships
- Must have extensive knowledge in Data warehouse designing techniques like Star Schema/Snowflake. Very Strong SQL skills. Data Integration/ETL experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with credibility at all levels of the organization and a team player outlook with the ability to work well with peers.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team setting.