BI Analyst, Regulatory and Quality
IT & IS | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
BI Analyst, Regulatory and Quality 743869
This position involves analysis of complex regulatory reporting using data to provide insight to decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. We are looking for a Technical leader with a high degree of knowledge in the overall field and recognized expertise in specific areas; problem-solving frequently requires analysis of unique issues / problems without precedent and / or structure. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy.
The analyst is part of a multi-disciplinary group of analysts and programmers who configure, build, produce and maintain regulatory Epic reports and analytics. Key operational activities include primary responsibility to analyze work flows and understand policies, procedures and constraints of the clinical or business operations related to reporting requirements. In depth and precise investigation and documentation of operational & report specifications is required.
- Develops forecasts, recommendations, and strategic / tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge. Works with business and / or clinical units to understand and prioritize data and information requirements.
- Creates specifications for the development of reporting and EHR tools based on business standards and required data elements. Optimizes the performance of enterprise business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the user.
- Collaborates with business, technical, and clinical leadership to plan, develop, implement, and analyze highly-complex clinical informatics systems. Designs internal processes to distribute reports and/or dashboards to ensure an optimal and efficient user experience and functionality, integrity, and reliability of systems.
- The analysis of new releases to determine how reporting should be modified, building and populating databases and tables during initial system configuration, conducting report testing and data validation.
- Develop and document internal procedures and establishes change control processes for new development, modification and retirement of reports.
- Performs highly complex quality assurance testing along with writing and executing SQL (Structured Query Language) queries for enhanced and complex medical data access. Plans, develops and documents design and deployment processes, workflows, and results.
- Identifies opportunities for performance improvement for clinically related safety indicators for both process and outcome metrics. Assignment includes projects with clinical complexity and organization-wide scope and involves understanding of numerous variables and interrelationships that lead to new recommendations.
- Consults with department leaders and process owners to gather and clarify data and reporting requirements for highly-complex outcome improvement solutions and regulatory and quality analytics.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots highly-complex data errors and problems, designing, testing, and applying advanced functional solutions. Evaluates data sources for relevance, integrity and accuracy. Identifies issues and collaborates on solutions to data management challenges.
- Development of SQL programming to extract data needed to inform performance improvement
- Needs to be certified in either Clarity or Reporting Workbench.
- In-depth knowledge of business intelligence functions, advanced analytics, industry standards and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in internal databases, BI applications, tools, and systems.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage highly-complex information, assess problems, and develop effective solutions.
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, with the ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner. Ability to produce and deliver presentations to diverse audiences.
- Advanced interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with managers, professional and technical staff.
- Ability to apply advanced problem-resolution skills to highly complex issues, quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of clinical standard terminology, clinical workflows, user interface optimization, clinical decision support, rules development, data integration and mining, clinical ontologies, adoption of technology.
- In-depth knowledge of all relevant clinical informatics software and systems, and of the highly-complex concepts, principles, policies, methodologies, techniques, best practices, regulations, and standards practices involved with patient care and electronic medical data management in the UC health care system.
- Advanced expertise in Epic clinical and administrative workflows.
- Identification of clinical documentation sources in the EHR necessary to monitor key performance metrics
- Analysis and stratification of performance metrics to identify outliers or opportunity for targeted improvement
- Development of recommendations to improve efficiency or effectiveness across the following areas: clinical documentation workflow and associated data capture methodologies; metric performance reports and distribution methods; dashboard development.
- Certified in Epic Ambulatory or Inpatient Clin Doc
- Advanced interpersonal communications skills, to convey highly technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical users in a clear and concise manner, to provide technical support, and to develop and deliver training materials as needed.
- Epic Clarity Data Model and/or Epic Radar and/or Epic Reporting Workbench with 3-5 years application reporting experience.
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced Certification or equivalent experience/training
- Five years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting, preferably academic medical center environment
$83 Per Hour Location: Remote 5 Month Assignment