Audio Content Production Coordinator
Media | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Audio Content Production Coordinator 782044
The Audio Content Production Coordinator (ACPC) is a mostly-administrative position for pre-production and post-production, with light audio-handling responsibilities for post-production. The successful ACPC candidate will handle traffic management with regard to the sending/ingestion of various types of audio and project-related files. The ACPC will take care of all production reporting. They will also coordinate projects with regard to our 2nd QC process, an extra layer of quality control performed on many titles. Strong email correspondence, professional communication, and organization are key to this role. Audio education and experience are a plus, preferably with spoken word but music is certainly acceptable. It is also imperative that the ACPC has a strong command of the English language and its grammatical construct beyond that of common usage. This combination of skills is most often found in those who have had experience in communications, have a theater background, studied literature or read it often. Strong knowledge of foreign languages and cultures is a big plus. Audio-related tasks include recording corrections (called pickups) to projects in production by engineering short studio sessions, and quality control by listening through finished audio as needed, often while following a script.
- Traffic management: sending/ingestion of assets for ongoing productions
- Providing feedback, often by email, as needed to solicit the required materials for ingestion
- Coordinate 2nd QC process, managing inbound/outbound flow of projects against release schedule
- QC (quality control) checking of fully-produced audio content.
- Attend regular planning meetings and scrums with internal teams.
- Production Reporting: Provide updates to all stakeholders as requested, via email, speaking, and reporting.
- Assist with the post-production of Studios audiobooks and other productions as needed.
Minimum Required Skills:
- 1-2 years' experience coordinating production in an audiobook or music environment
- 1-2 years' experience in professional, commercial audiobook or music environment
- Excellent listening skills for audio
- Strong business correspondence skills, especially with email
- Demonstrated strong judgment assessing audio quality and content
- Demonstrated organizational skills
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 1-2 years' experience in audio post-production (editing)
- 1-2 years' experience in audio production (recording, mixing)
- Strong knowledge of at least one foreign language
- Strong attention to detail
- Solution-oriented, positive attitude
- Comfortable operating autonomously
- Creative problem-solver
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A self-motivated performer
- Strong leadership qualities
- Effective judgment in making critical, time-sensitive decisions
Newark, NJ 07102 8 Month Assignment