Associate System Engineer
Engineering | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Associate System Engineer 628306
In this role, your daily work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. You’ll be responsible for maintenance of global production and development systems. The ideal candidate will have a solid ‘hands-on’ background in managing Linux systems with experience in tools to automate systems deployment and management tasks.
- Work as a member of a global team managing large 24x7 cloud platforms.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix servers
- Building tools to automate server provisioning, management and scaling
- Work closely with development teams, architects and application teams to deliver multiple projects
- Technical degree or work experience equivalent
- Practical experience building and managing large scale Linux/Unix-based systems
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: shell scripting, Perl, Java, Python or Ruby highly desirable
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern software configuration management tools is desirable.
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks accurately
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy and fun work environment
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
$50-$55 Per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 12 Month Assignment