Associate Notifications Curator
Journalism | New York, NY | Full Time and Contract
Associate Notifications Curator 760936
This person will assist with promotion and distribution of news, reviews, videos and more across the company. This person will be responsible for growing and engaging audiences on multiple brands through notifications on various platforms as a part of the Growth & Engagement team, all while shaping the voice of the brands. They will own the relationship with audiences via push alert platforms across the web and mobile apps.
This person is an excellent communicator who can move among different disciplines, lead the development of new tactics while keeping teams informed and updated, and moving toward a common goal of growing the audience for each of the brands.
- Send push notifications for multiple brands
- Coordinate editorial calendars around tentpole events with multiple edit, video and graphics teams
- Help evolve and manage voice and ensure all content is on brand
- Collaborate with audience development, social and video teams to align on strategy, ideate and promote a variety of content.
- Use data and analytics in conjunction other teams to develop tests and content strategies to maximize platforms and against content goals
- Find ways to distribute content offerings to a more diverse audience.
- Back up Growth & Engagement on-site team and other duties, when necessary
- Streamlining many editorial processes in an effort to improve cross-brand communications
- Curate and own the “voice” of the brand in notifications to develop innovative and creative strategies to grow engagement.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and grammar skills while prioritizing a high volume of work
- Strong editorial judgment and quick decision-making skills
- Ability to write clever and/or compelling copy succinctly; and demonstrate sound news judgement
- Ability to work on tight deadlines at a fast pace while prioritizing goals effectively
- A desire to experiment, measure success and expand upon what works on new or established platforms
- A love of writing pithy and engaging copy and an avid interest in platforms, analytics, and audience development
- Great organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects with ease, meet deadlines and work under pressure in an extremely fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Some journalism and digital newsroom experience (0-2 years)
You may have:
- A spirit of curiosity and ability to think creatively about how we deliver journalism to new audiences where they are: mobile, desktop, social and other emerging platforms.
- An obsession with performance metrics, and a bottomless well of original ideas.
$27 Per hour New York, NY 10019 6+ Month Assignment