AR Deduction Specialist
Finance | Alpharetta, GA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
AR Deduction Specialist 733385
The DS (Deduction Specialist) provides support to the cash and deduction processes. The DS has a broad scope and will support multiple ARAs (Accounts Receivable Analyst) across multiple customer portfolios, to include a high number of customer accounts and deduction volume in a specialized capacity. In-depth/comprehensive knowledge of customer payment and deduction practices is required as well as company cash and deduction policies, to support accurate decision making across all customer portfolios. Additionally, the specialist will provide deduction trend reports and take appropriate action to assist in the improvement of the deduction resolution cycle and the overall reduction of the deduction hanging balance (DHB). At times various ad hoc projects will be assigned in support of reducing incoming deductions and enabling root cause analysis performed by ARAs. The position will manage large volumes of data in various systems to aid in the analysis. Primary systems include SAP, BW, Siebel, MEI, Microsoft Excel and Customer portals.
The position of specialization currently falls under two categories.
1.) Promo deductions resolution, reporting, and management. Maintain trend reporting in support of meeting DDO metrics and current promo DHB balance, identify issues and take appropriate actions to include engaging stakeholders for resolving issues. Customer and sales facing communications, weekly reporting, and will coordinate and lead weekly meetings with sales.
2.) Credit memo processing in support of clearing non-promo deductions, email invoices to customers, obtain deduction support from customer portals and index in CMS. In this capacity, the DS collaborates with ARAs for assigned selection of validated deductions and approved write-offs, to then issue credit memos and clear deductions across multiple ARA portfolios.
- Support as a variable resource for deduction management in compliance with internal policies and SOX regulations for the ARA team. Participate in ad hoc requests as needed.
- Promo deduction resolution, reporting, and management
- Review deduction support and identify deductions assigning correct reason code and owners for planning account and division.
- Coordinate with sales for sales review of deduction support, validation and clearing instructions for deductions.
- Proficiently use various systems and databases to create routine sales customer team performance reports for open promo deductions.
- Reports will include detailed commentary on the meaning of the report results as well as strategy and focus for remediation of negative trends.
- Reports generated by the individual in this role will be distributed internally and externally.
- Proficiency measured for applied cadence and routine consistency.
- Credit memo processing and other AR and deduction support
- Retrieve deduction support prepared for valid deductions and approved for clearing.
- Daily create credit memos for offsetting valid deductions.
- Send deduction support to customer support mailbox or upload directly and index in CMS
- Obtain deduction support from customer portals to upload and index into CMS
- Business Experience
- BS/BA degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years of experience in accounts receivable or collections (or equivalent education)
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- SAP system experience a plus
- Ability to adjust quickly to new processes and procedures
- Ability to work and make decisions independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems
- Team player who helps create a results-focused and motivating team environment
- Ability to work independently, creatively and efficiently
- Strong time management, planning, and organizing skills
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
$20 per hour Alpharetta, GA 30022 3 Month Assignment