AP Clerk 7995272
Accounting | Houston, TX | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
The Accounts Payable Clerk is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate processing of Third Party invoices and/or company's Personnel's Expense Reports, as well as performing a secondary audit of other AP Team Members posted invoices, conducting statement audits and problem resolutions, for multiple company payables.
- Process invoices for payment to vendors by checking invoices for accuracy, resolving discrepancies, and entering data into system.
- Prepare original documents for imaging/filing as instructed.
- Process check and refund requests: check requests for accuracy; resolve problems; enter data into system; attached required support for audit.
- Process payment information in accordance with company payment terms requirements.
- Answer phone, mail, and walk-in inquiries; research questions; provide accurate and prompt resolution to inquiries.
- Analyze/review vendor accounts for accuracy and check credit balances; request cash refunds on credit balances.
- Distribute mail; open mail; record retention filing; work on special projects as needed.
- Comply with applicable company policies.
- Problem Solving: project estimation & complexity, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, and good decision making skills.
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Able to analyze and solve problems.
- Able to build rapport with internal and external contacts.
- Knowledge of W-9 and 1099 process.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to communicate and interact with, as well as support, effective partnerships with peers and subordinates; good communication skills.
- Leadership: functions independently and in a team, project mgt. skills, mentoring skills and can set/accomplish objectives.
- Communication: oral/written communication skills, customer services oriented, and interacts frequently with peer groups, subordinates and senior mgt. advising on area of responsibility.Cross
- Discipline: Understanding of interaction with other disciplines, Company strategy and the principles of Quality Management.
- Education Requirements: Technical Finance or Accounting Certificate or equivalent experience. Required Experience: 0-2 years experience in a finance role. Reconcile Bank Statements.
PAY RATE $19 PER HOUR Houston TX 77077 6 month contract