Administrative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Admitting Worker 766670
- Interviews ED patients to confirm patient demographic information and financial insurance data and completes SMARTPHRASE documentation in APEX HAR notes
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits via RTE/insurance websites and enters data in the registration and insurance verification screens.
- Meets the registration productivity and accuracy standards of the emergency department and Medical Center.
- Complete the admission process for patients in the Emergency room that need to be admitted.
- Verify patients’ identity and enter 2 patient identifier data in Apex following Medical Center protocol.
- Consistently completes all forms and requisitions accurately and according to Emergency Department protocols.
- Refers any complex insurances and financial arrangements to ED Financial Counselor or management as appropriate.
- Adhere to red flag protocol, refer Red Flag Alerts to Admitting supervisor
- Create referral encounter in APEX – obtain demographic information, financial and clinical data from varied sources, and coordinates with Residents/Attending MDs.
- Greet patients and families. Coordinate admission check-in and complete admissions registration.
- Effectively facilitates communication among clinical staff in the ED, and between ED clinical staff and clinicians outside of the ED.
- Keep patients and family members informed and provide updates as needed to promote a patient-centered environment
- Appropriately and effectively addresses incoming phone calls to the ED while maintaining Medical Center phone use standards.
- Coordinate interpreters and facilitate the use of 2-way interpreting phones for patients and providers when needed.
- Provides report and updates to next incoming shift
- Maintains and updates service call board and ED staff call board as changes occur.
- Receives and relays messages from patients, families, and staff to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Responsible for coordinating access to additional resources for patients/families and visitors when needed (i.e: patient relations, spiritual care services, social work, and community services).
- Coordinate communication between all applicable medical center units and physicians with patients, family, and approved visitors.
- Promotes positive work relationships with co-workers, peers, and other external departments.
- Supports and accepts changes in work responsibilities according to regulatory mandates that will improve the quality of work.
- Is able to multi-task effectively. Prioritizes and responds effectively to requests
- that occur simultaneously.
- Manages time wisely and helps foster teamwork by helping co-workers whenever possible.
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all company locations.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Two (2) years’ prior hospital experience at the Admitting Worker or comparable level
- Proficiency in health insurance eligibility and authorization requirements
- Proficiency in reimbursement financial policies
- ADT experience required, knowledge of office machines; typing 30 wpm. Must have basic PC skills
- Must have knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Ability to problem solve; ability to analyze data and recommend changes
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to follow instructions; work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Analytically and grammatical skills are necessary to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Articulate and concise oral communication and the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a culturally diverse staff and patient/family population.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Second Language
- Knowledge of government program regulations, MediCal, Medicare, MIA, CCS, and other third-party payors
$25 per hour San Francisco, CA 94143 4 Month Assignment