Healthcare/Medical | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, Temporary, and Temp to Perm
Admitting Representative 746576
Under the supervision of the Admissions and Registration Supervisor in collaboration with Patient Care Unit Manager, the Admitting Worker is generally assigned a primary work unit, but may rotate or be assigned to any area or site as outlined in the Admitting Department Expectations. The Senior Admitting Worker is responsible for greeting, patient identification, check-in, registering patients, and coordinating escort upon arrival for services and/or after triage by the nurse. The registration process includes gathering demographic, financial and cash collection information and entering it into the computer system quickly and accurately. The Senior Admitting Worker must understand their role and be able to provide superior customer service and maintain a high degree of professionalism. He or she is required to utilize a variety of hospital information systems to effectively communicate with patients and visitors and to effectively respond to inquiries. The Admitting Representative must comply with all guidelines put forth by the Medical Center Policies and Procedure
All Senior Admitting Workers have a critical influence on a patients’ health care experience in our Medical Center and must act as an ambassador of services. The incumbent is responsible to meet patient needs, demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills, and foster a harmonious work environment in which high quality patient care and customer service are consistently provided. Team members promote a cooperative working relationship with each other, physicians, other disciplines and the public by facilitating and enhancing communication, displaying honesty and respect, displaying sensitivity to cultural differences, and expressing and accepting feedback in a professional manner.
- Responsible for appropriately responding to emergency situations including but not limited to code red, code blue, code white, code pink and purple, code grey, and disaster procedures.
- Meets the productivity and accuracy standards of the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor that include, but are not limited to: gathering data, maintaining statistical information, and assisting with special projects.
- Upholds adherence to departmental uniform dress standards, including appropriate identification.
- Role models sensitivity to patient confidentiality and promotes patient privacy.
- Complies with all applicable infection control, health and safety procedures.
- May assist with patient surgery preparation instructions in Pre-op, which includes, escorting patient and approved family members to the Pre-op. Check in at Pre-op and guide the patient to assigned bed, and provide verbal instructions on basic readiness (disrobing, donning hospital gown/socks and placement of personal items).
- Mitigate volatile patient/family/visitors situations and coordinate with security/hospital supervisor
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all Medical Center locations.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Two (2) years’ experience at the Admitting Worker or comparable level
- Proficiency in health insurance eligibility and authorization requirements
- Proficiency in reimbursement financial policies
- ADT experience required, knowledge of office machines; typing 30 wpm. Must have basic PC skills
- Ability to problem solve; ability to analyze data and recommend changes
- Must be able to multi task and prioritize
- Ability to follow instructions; work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment
- Analytically and grammatical skills are necessary to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Articulate and concise oral communication and the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a culturally diverse staff and patient/family population.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Second Language
- Previous experience in hospital setting
- Basic knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of government program regulations, MediCal, Medicare, MIA, CCS, and other third party payors
This role requires flexibility to work holidays, weekends, overtime and other shifts as assigned depending on operational needs.
$24 per hour San Francisco, CA 94158 6 month contract