Administrative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Administrative Assistant 766662
Under the general direction of the Patient Care Manager, the incumbent performs a variety of clerical and data management activities, including payroll administration. The incumbent must have the ability to work independently, perform and coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities appropriately, identify problems and institute appropriate follow-through.
- Completes filing in Patient Care Manager office weekly
- Pick up and drop off unit mail/packages to and from the nursing office daily
- Promptly delivers unit mail to appropriate addressees
- Processes new employee papers:
- Updates phone list with new employee name, and on a regular basis.
- Sets-up mailbox, employee file, CEU record.
- Places a copy of employee application in the unit personnel file.
- Facilitates staff meetings:
- Obtains room reservations at least 3 months in advance of meeting dates.
- Provide Sign-In sheets and Meeting Minutes Forms to the administrative team prior to monthly staff meetings
- Maintains unit manuals by updating appropriate sections. Politely arranges reservations for conference room and posts monthly calendar for viewing
- Sends monthly reminders to staff for License, NRP, and CPR renewals
- Filing system:
- Updates weekly.
- Files appropriate papers/evaluations into employee files.
- Files correspondence, Unit Education, schedules, meeting minutes into binders
- Works with ANI to maintain education and education leave records
- Processes and reconciles staffing/payroll and makes changes as appropriate.
- Completes in a timely manner. Processes payroll and meets set deadlines:
- Processes payroll questions in a timely manner.
- Accurately enters daily staffing corrections into the online payroll system daily.
- Processes all the cost centers responsible for.
- Ensures that corrections requested by employees have supporting documentation and are entered on the time collection system promptly.
- Maintains documentation supporting all time transactions added or changed on HBS for the appropriate pay period.
- Generates payroll reports as requested by Unit Director Reconciles charges floated to unit against unit scheduling prior to the close of each pay period.
- Reconciles staff payroll records against unit schedules prior to the close of each pay period.
- Completes data entry for monthly variance reports and reviews with the Unit Director.
- Arranges for and ensures delivery of final paycheck for employees on their last day of work when indicated.
- Tallies acuity data monthly
- Ensures accuracy of patient bed charges by reconciling daily census reports against daily transaction reports.
- Completes billing for surgery in the unit, ECMO.
- Enters data into the computer.
- Provides Unit Director with a monthly report for surgery in the unit and resuscitation room totals.
- Maintains office equipment and supplies, copier supplies
- Orders items for the unit as needed and assures delivery in a timely manner.
- Sets travel arrangements as needed.
- Completes word-processing as assigned by the Unit Director.
- Assures appropriate receipts are turned in and processed by accounting.
- Facilitates Unit Schedule as directed by the Assistant Patient Care Manager or Unit Director
- Input data from RN chart audits as requested by the Unit Director
- Orders quick copy, documents, media material.
- High school graduation, four years of related admin/clerical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills including the ability to compose, edit, and proof a wide variety of documents
- Demonstrated administrative/office management skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and coordinating skills
- Proven ability to deal with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to use good judgment and work independently, at times under the pressure of deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel for Windows
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in handling sensitive issues with discretion to qualifications
- Experience with prescreening job applicants, setting up job interviews, scheduling meetings and taking minutes
- Interacts with coworkers in a calm, courteous manner while demonstrating respect, diplomacy, and tact.
- Demonstrates courtesy, common sense, and follow-through in all telephone communications, maintaining the telephone standards established by the Medical Center.
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience in a medical/healthcare environment
$25 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94143 3 Month Assignment