Administrative Analyst 557992
Administrative | Emeryville, CA | Full Time and Contract
Uses skills as a seasoned and experienced administrative operations professional to manage, plan and administer the operations of a small to mid-sized academic or non-academic department or organizational unit with limited scope. May report to a chair, director, or a higher level administrative operations professional or manager. Perform short- and long-term planning for the organization. May supervise staff or students. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Financial responsibilities from creation of quotes to final payments of invoices, maintenance and management of purchase orders, journal entries and amortization for 150+ person department
- Serve as liaison with company, external organizations, affiliates, and agencies in all forms of fiscal matters and solutions to complex issues
- Maintains office space; schedule meetings/conferences; coordinate and manage correspondence
- Handle mail in confidence; establish and maintain confidential files, coordinate events, catering and meeting room reservations
- Provide reception and coverage for reception area and executive phone lines in accordance with company’s service excellence standards
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, and retreats that include faculty and staff from internal and external agencies
- Handle calls and visitors for other analysts during lunch hours, breaks, personal time off and absences
- This person will be supporting the Purchasing department
- Someone with contracts/purchasing or Financing experience is required
- Event Management experience is a plus
- Office management skills is a plus
- College graduate is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of University rules and regulations, processes, protocols and procedures for budget, accounting and fund management, and / or personnel management
- Interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of administrative operational activities such as event planning, basic fundraising processes, risk management planning, website design, accounting and payroll, and contracts and grants regulations and guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques, and / or human resources policies and procedures for staff and academic employees.
- Solid knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong skills in short-term planning, analysis, problem-solving, and customer service.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
The person will be working 80% of the time in Emeryville/Oakland locations and 20% of the time in the Parnassus location
$26 Per Hour Emeryville, CA 94608 6 Month Assignment