Accounts Receivable Specialist (L)
Accounting | Louisville, KY | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for cash posting of both wires and lockbox receipts, communicating cash adjustments, and reducing un-applied cash receipts on our accounts receivable Aging. This position will report to the Credit & Collections Manager.
- Apply & adjust cash payments to outstanding invoices in sub-ledger.
- Ensure smooth month-end and annual close for AR
- Apply credit memos and debit memos in a timely and accurate manner
- Partner with revenue team for resolution of un-applied cash
- Ability to work closely with Credit Analysts, Client Services, and the Sales teams for invoice & unapplied cash resolution
- Prepare cash application reconciliations for lockbox and wire payments
- Update reports as needed for management
- Extensively research unapplied payments & communicate internal and external to resolve
- Individual and team projects to reach departmental goals
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Apply cash receipts on a timely basis by quickly and consistently following up on unidentified cash receipts and credits.
- Strengthening processes to permit accurate reporting
- Automating processes to avoid manual entry
- 2-5+ years of relevant working experience in a similar role.
- Excel skills required
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to create and deliver findings, presentations, and reports to senior management.
- An exemplary relationship builder who is consultative in nature and able to quickly form partnerships with colleagues and customers.
- Experience in the online entertainment industry.
$20 per Hour Louisville, KY 40223 4+ Month Assignment