Accounts Payable Clerk
Finance | Sugar Land, TX | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Accounts Payable Clerk 8993170
The Accounts Payable Clerk is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate processing of Third Party invoices and/or Personnel's Expense Reports, as well as performing a secondary audit of other AP Team Members posted invoices, conducting statement audits and problem resolutions, for multiple company payables.
- Process invoices for payment to vendors by checking invoices for accuracy, resolving discrepancies, and entering data into the system.
- Prepare original documents for imaging/filing as instructed.
- Process check and refund requests: check requests for accuracy; resolve problems; enter data into the system; attached required support for audit.
- Process payment information in accordance with payment terms requirements.
- Answer phone, mail, and walk-in inquiries; research questions; provide accurate and prompt resolution to inquiries.
- Analyze/review vendor accounts for accuracy and check credit balances; request cash refunds on credit balances.
- Knowledge of W-9 and 1099 process.
- Distribute mail; open mail; record retention filing; work on special projects as needed.
- Comply with applicable company policies.
- Ability to communicate and interact with, as well as support, effective partnerships with peers and subordinates; good communication skills.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Able to build rapport with internal and external contacts.
- Able to analyze and solve problems.
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Technical Finance or Accounting Certificate or equivalent experience.
- 2 years experience in a finance role.
- Reconcile Bank Statements.
- Problem Solving: project estimation & complexity, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, and good decision-making skills.
- Leadership: functions independently and in a team, project mgt. skills, mentoring skills and can set/accomplish objectives.
- Communication: oral/written communication skills, customer services oriented, and interacts frequently with peer groups, subordinates and senior mgt. advising on area of responsibility.
- Cross Discipline: Understanding of interaction with other disciplines, Company strategy and the principles of Quality Management.
$21 per Hour Sugar Land TX 77478 6 Month Assignment